Shakespeare and Company Steps 2020
"The photo was taken at Shakespeare and Co. which is an English Language bookstore in Paris. This second iteration of the store opened in 1951 and over 30,000 people, including one of my personal literary heroes, Allen Ginsberg, have slept in the beds stored between the shelves. I visited because I knew Ginsberg has lived there for a time and wanted to see the bookstore where he typed many of his poems. There were signs everywhere saying “no-photos” and I spoke briefly with the owner, expressing my love of poetry and of Ginsberg, and she said I could come back fifteen minutes before she closed and shoot some if I’d like. The catch was it was late afternoon and she closed at midnight so I walked to the Champ de Mars Park and took a nap. I awoke to the tail end of the sunset and the sparkling light show at the Eiffel Tower. I bought a bottle of beer from one of the Punjabi beer-wine-cigarette guys that frequent the park in the evening and then went in search of dinner. I had a 200g tenderloin of A5 Wagyu beef topped with foie gras, asparagus, and a bottle of Pinot Noir followed by the most ridiculous piece of chocolate cake ever made. I left feeling all of the things… I’m in fucking PARIS, just had the most exquisite food money can buy, and am about to go take an hour-long walk to a bookstore where my heroes lived and take what would turn out to be one of my most popular photos ever. It was one of the greatest nights of my life. There’s something about being an artist in Paris to which nothing else compares." - Daniel Fleming
This Official Daniel Flemming Art Print offers stunning gallery quality color accuracy and vividness. Choose between canvas print or paper print and multiple sizes of each (see size image for reference).
- All prints are archival giclee prints using EPSON’s Ultrachrome HD ink set.
- Premium Matte Paper editions are produced using 192g bright white stock with a true matte finish.
- Canvases are printed on heavyweight 395g acid-free, lignin-free cotton-poly blend canvas and I coat them with a semi-gloss clear acrylic with UV filtration so they’re completely protected from light, dust, and grime.
- Canvases are hand-stretched using a plier and put onto an internal frame made in the USA from kiln-dried pine.
- Unless otherwise specified, prints are open edition and individually hand-signed.
- Paper Prints DO NOT come already framed. Canvas prints come with an internal frame (check the size for frame thickness)
- Paper prints are shipped unmatted to give you maximum flexibility when framing.
FEED THE HUNGRY - In King Co. it costs about $4 for a service agency to deliver a meal to a person in need. For each purchase made, the Art of Feeding People donates the cost of at least one meal to the Pike Market Food Bank. The bigger you buy, the more people you feed!
- Small paper print = 1 meal
- Large paper print = 2 meals
- Small canvas print = 4 meals
- Medium canvas print = 6 meals
- XL canvas print = 10 meals
in the USA